This post was sponsored by Testors Craft. All ideas and opinions are my own.
Create DIY marbled plate chargers with our simple tutorial outlined below.
Gather your girlfriends together and celebrate Galentine’s Day with a stunning tablescape, complete with our DIY marbled chargers. I love the idea of spending time with friends, and this romantic holiday is a great way to share how much your gals mean to you over dinner and drinks. Keep reading for Galentine’s Day decor ideas and our DIY marbled chargers project.
Galentine’s Day Table Decor
For this Galentine’s Day project, we were inspired to create a tablescape incorporating marbled textures and the color pink. To highlight our DIY marbled chargers (the DIY is shared below), we chose a fitted charcoal table linen to act as the base for our design. The pink and white marbled chargers seemed to jump off the table, acting as a design focal point. To incorporate pink throughout the tablescape, we added light pink taper candles to brass holders, pink champagne flutes and a sweet pink & white floral to the center of the table.
When working on your Galentine’s Day table decor, consider selecting 2-4 complimentary colors for your general design palette. Then, search for ways to incorporate those color elements in subtle ways through textural components. For example, we mixed clear glass plates, painted wooden plate chargers, colored champagne flutes, cotton table linen, brass candle holders and soft florals together for this Galentine’s Day tablescape. Layering colors and textures throughout a tablescape increases its visual interest.
DIY Marbled Plate Chargers
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paints (2-4 complimentary colors); Fuchsia, Petal Pink & White Shown
- Testors Craft Marbling Medium
- Wooden Plate Charger
- Disposable Container to Catch Paint Runoff
- Plastic Cups; One for Each Paint Color
- Pour one color of Testors Craft acrylic paint into each cup; consider your project’s surface area when measuring how much paint to add.
- Add Testors Craft Marbling Medium to each cup of paint, using a 1 to 1 ratio. Gently stir to combine.
- Pour the mixtures onto your wooden chargers, one color at a time.
- Gently tilt the wooden chargers back and forth, allowing the paint mixture to run off the edges. Continue until you have achieved your desired color pattern, adding paint as needed.
- Allow the painted wooden chargers to dry for at least 24 hours before use.
For more Galentine’s Day party ideas, don’t miss this post: Celebrate Galentine’s Day with a DIY Succulent Bar & Girlfriends.