When putting together this year’s Easter Egg Hunt tablescape, we were inspired by the brightly colored egg patterns on our newest Egg Hunt Invitation design and a farmhouse vibe.
So, when putting together the tablescape décor for our 2018 Easter Egg Hunt, we decided to create bright DIY wooden egg chargers as a nod to this design concept. Follow our simple steps and video tutorial to recreate your own custom party decorations.
DIY Easter Egg Wooden Chargers
These DIY Easter chargers can be completed in a matter of minutes, with just a few simple steps.
• Wooden charger rounds or egg shaped chargers (We were fortunate enough to find out basic wooden egg shapes in the dollar aisle of a local retailer. However, you can also find similar wooden shapes through online retails.)
• Acrylic Craft Paints from Testors Craft
• Foam paint brush
• Paper plate or plastic paint palette
1. Choose a variety of acrylic craft paint colors for each egg charger; then break that color palette down into 2-3 shades.
For example, we selected white, Petal Pink, Passion Fruit and Fuchsia from the Testors Craft acrylic paint collection for our bright pink eggs.
2. Place a small amount of each paint color onto a flat service along with several foam brushes before beginning our project.
3. Starting at one end of the wooden egg, add white acrylic paint, then the lightest shade of your color palette (we used light pink), working your way in bands to the darkest shade of pink, covering the entire surface area of each designated width.
4. Blend each paint color transition using a foam paint brush, subtly blending the paint colors together, ultimately creating a subtle ombre effect for each wooden egg charger.
I love the idea that custom table décor can be created in a matter of minutes, to coordinate with literally any theme or design concept. Happy Crafting!
Be sure to hop over to see more of our Easter Egg Hunt for more ideas, inspiration and holiday fun!!