This post is sponsored by Thomas’ English Muffins. All ideas and opinions expressed are my own. #ExploreThomas #ExploreThomasSweepstakes
The vibrant colors offered by Spring and Summer vegetables transform everyday dishes into works of art! What better way to showcase fresh, seasonal produce than on a toasted English muffin!? It is the perfect appetizer option for summer entertaining.
I just love the vibrant pink and greens found in this summer vegetable crostini recipe and can’t wait to share all of the how-to details for recreating it at home with all of you! Keep scrolling for more photos, a how-to video, the complete recipe and fun variation ideas for this summer vegetable crostini dish.
Sliced radishes offer so much vibrancy to any late spring or summer dish and are readily available at your local Walmart. For a twist to this ingredient, consider using watermelon radishes!
To prepare your asparagus pieces, keep these tips in mind:
- After rinsing the asparagus bunch in cold water (Tip: don’t complete this step until you are ready to serve this dish, as the process of washing can speed up the spoiling process)
- Using a pairing or Chef’s knife, remove the white ends, cutting approximately 1 inch above where the white meets the green portion
- Using a 45-degree angle, cut 2” asparagus spears from the remaining asparagus stalks using your pairing or Chef’s knife
Snap peas, or sugar snap peas, can be enjoyed raw as well as in or out of their pods. As a shortcut, check to see if your local grocer offers these pre-shelled, which will reduce your preparation time.
Mint is an aromatic herb, and wonderful garnish for this summer vegetable crostini dish! However, several other herbs would work well in combination with summer vegetables. Scroll down a bit for some alternative garnish options.
Summer Vegetable Crostini
- Thomas’ Original Nooks and Crannies English Muffins
- Container or ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch of baby radishes, thinly sliced
- Handful of trimmed, and thinly sliced asparagus
- Handful of sugar snap peas, with peas removed from shells
- Fresh honey
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Toast your Thomas’ Original Nooks and Crannies English muffins.
- Spread a spoonful of ricotta cheese over each English muffin; for sweetness, drizzle some fresh honey over the ricotta cheese.
- Arrange sliced radishes, asparagus pieces and fresh sugar snap peas over the surface area of your English muffin.
- Salt to taste.
- Garnish with torn mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: To prepare this dish ahead of time, toast your Thomas’ English muffins then set aside. Prepare your vegetable toppings and store in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, having these prepared food items on hand will help speed up the serving process.
For fun variations to this summer appetizer, consider swapping out some of the ingredients for one of these alternatives:
- Spreads: almond or macadamia nut ricotta, goat cheese, or burrata. The “Nooks and Crannies” in Thomas’ English muffins are perfect for holding and absorbing flavors from these amazing spreads.
- Vegetables: watermelon radish, fava beans, or avocado
- Herb Garnish: tarragon, chives, micro Greens or parsley
Be creative; use your favorite combination of ingredients for a truly one of a kind summer appetizers!
How will you enjoy your Thomas’ English Muffins this summer?
Head to your local Walmart to purchase all of the ingredients for your crostini creations. Then, post or upload your Thomas’ English Muffin recipe to be entered to win an all-expense paid vacation for two to a foodie destination: New Orleans, LA, San Francisco, CA or Savannah, GA. Enter here: http://www.explorethomas.com.