This post was sponsored by Beech-Nut® Naturals™. All opinions and ideas are my own. #beechnutpartner
DO you have a little pumpkin to celebrate in your life? If you are planning a Fall baby shower, then you are in luck! Today, in partnership with Beech-Nut® Naturals, we are sharing 5 of our favorite pumpkin baby shower ideas, including a craft activity, pumpkin dessert and party favor. Keep reading for more details and our pumpkin mousse parfait recipe!
1. Guest Book
Instead of a traditional guest sign-in memory book, encourage guests to write a special note to the little pumpkin on the way using a craft pumpkin and colorful pens and markers. We chose a variety of pen colors to coordinate with our overall baby shower theme to create a fun keepsake for the mom-to-be.
2. Pumpkin Mousse Dessert
Serve a pumpkin themed dessert to party guests. For baby showers, I love individual or bite sized desserts, as they are simply easier to serve. For a pumpkin baby shower, serve these pumpkin mousse parfaits that can be partially prepared in advance.
We upcycled our favorite brand of baby food’s jars ( Beech-Nut® Naturals) as our serving vessel, filled them with the layers of pumpkin mousse, crumbled cookies, and whipped cream, then stored them in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to serve, simply top them off with a dollup of whipped cream and a cookie piece. Jump to Recipe
Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits
- 1/4 c dark rum
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- can of whipped cream
- box of ginger snaps
- Place the rum into a heat-safe bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl. whisk together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg yolks, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Set the bowl of gelatin over a pan of simmering water and cook, stirring often, until the gelatin becomes clear. Immediately whisk the gelatin mixture into the mpumpkin mixture.
- Using a whisk attachment on an electric mixer or a manual whisk, whip the heavy cream and vanilla until a soft peak forms. Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- To assemble, spoon some of the pumpkin mixture into your serving container, then add a layer of whipped cream and a layer of crumbled cookies. Repeat, ending with a pumpkin layer. Store covered tightly in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, add a dollup of whipped cream and a piece of ginger snap cookie as a garnish.
3. DIY Fall Luminary Craft
We just love the idea of creating a DIY Fall luminary candle for a Fall baby shower activity! These simple candles can also double as a party favor. To set-up this craft you need only a handful of supplies.
DIY Fall Luminary
- Beech-Nut® Naturals glass jars washed & with the labels removed
- Variety of tissue paper squares or sheets in Fall colors
- Foam paint brushes
- Mod Podge
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to one side of your clean and dry Beech-Nut® Naturals jar.
- Add one piece of tissue paper to the coated area.
- Apply another thin layer of Mod Podge over the tissue paper.
- Repeat this process until the entire surface of your Beech-Nut® Naturals jar is covered.
- Allow the jar to dry, then add a tea light candle or faux candle for a fun Fall luminary.
4. Baby Food Blind Tasting
Another fun baby shower activity is to taste baby food flavors. Cover a variety of Beech-Nut® Naturals jars using cardstock paper or koozies like shown.
Beech-Nut® Naturals products are made with real ingredients, gently cooked over indirect heat to preserve color, flavor and nutrients. Each jar is made with natural fruits and veggies and never anything artificial! Set out 5-8 flavors on a platter with tasting spoons, then let the guests work their way through jotting down their best guesses on a piece of paper. Award a small prize to the baby shower guest with the most number of correct answers.
5. Pumpkin Butter Party Favors
Send your guests home with homemade pumpkin butter in upcycled Beech-Nut Natural glass jars! Add a personalized gift tag, and you have the perfect, simple pumpkin baby shower party favor!
We hope these 5 pumpkin baby shower ideas inspire your upcoming celebration.
For more pumpkin party ideas, don’t miss the following posts: