During warm summer months, I LOVE a great sparkling cocktail!! There is something about carbonation that is refreshing in the heat, particularly here in Houston. We put together this simple patriotic cocktail in time for 4th of July parties. But, it’s so good that you will want to serve it just about any time!
We chose to use raspberries in this cocktail recipe, but you could definitely swap them out for fresh strawberries which are abundant during summertime. You could also swap the fresh fruit for its frozen version. I frequently keep frozen fruits in my freezer for summer treats and cocktails. With a few bar items, this is a cocktail recipe that you could put together on the fly for guests. Or, it would be a great signature drink at a 4th of July party.
Patriotic Cocktail: Raspberry & Blueberry Sparkling Vodka Spritzer
Yields 4 servings
Preparation Time: 5-7 minutes
- 1/2 c vodka, chilled
- Juice of 2 limes (4 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1/2c fresh blueberries plus extra for garnish
- 1/2c fresh raspberries plus extra for garnish
- ½ liter club soda
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Gently muddle the raspberries and blueberries gently; then add to a pitcher for serving.
- Add the simple syrup, fresh lime juice and your vodka of choice to the pitcher along with ice to chill.
- Top off the pitcher with the club soda; serve immediately. If preparing the cocktail in advance, wait until you are ready to serve to add the club soda; this will preserve the cocktail’s carbonation.
- Garnish each glass for serving with fresh blueberries, raspberries and a lime wedge.
This patriotic cocktail recipe is wonderful for 4th of July parties, summer get togethers, or poolside. It’s light, refreshing and just a little bit sweet. We can’t wait to hear what you think of the recipe!!
If you love sparkling cocktails, you will love our pomegranate caipirinha recipe.