Are you in search of a simple, bite sized dessert for upcoming 4th of July parties? I love simple baked treats, so these patriotic brownies are right up my alley. They are wonderful year round, but with their coloring, make amazing patriotic sweet treats. Individual serving sizes make for easy enjoyment at events. For a full sized brownie dessert, don’t miss our brownie fruit pizza recipe.
Yields: 2 dozen
- 1c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Pint fresh blueberries
- 2, 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 3c confectioner sugar
- 1c butter, softened
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt ½c butter. Remove from heat, then stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat in 1/3 c cocoa, 1/2c flour. ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp baking soda. Combine these ingredients quickly. Tip: Measure each ingredient portion out prior to melting the butter for easy additions.
- Using a mini muffin pan, add the brownie mixture to each cup, filling to 2/3 full. For mini muffin size pans, start checking for doneness around 16 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes before removing.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix the softened cream cheese on medium to medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioner sugar, ½ cup at a time, beating with each addition to incorporate.
Once the brownies have cooled, add cream cheese icing to each top using a spoon or piping with an icing bag. Top each brownie with a sliced strawberry, blueberry and small piece of mint.
For an even simpler version of these patriotic brownies, grab a package of pre-made brownies from your local grocery; then simply add the cream cheese icing and garnishes! These brownies can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, making them the perfect bite sized dessert for your upcoming patriotic party.
To see how we displayed these patriotic brownies, head over to our Family Friendly 4th of July blog post.