Who remembers muddy buddies as a kid?
There are literally countless ways to put together this tasty treat. With Halloween coming up, we put together a simple, yet colorful concoction of our own to share with neighbors, friends, family and teachers. What I love about a muddy buddy recipe, is that you can add amazing seasonal candy finds to create a one-of-a kind recipe for virtually any occasion. Keep scrolling to see our version of a Halloween muddy buddy snack and the recipe to recreate your own spooky version.
Halloween Muddy Buddy Recipe
Yields: 9 cups
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate Kit Kat candies; chopped
- Halloween spinkled
- Edible eyeballs
- In a large glass mixing bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and unsalted butter for 1 minute. Stir using a rubber spatula, then return to the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with Rice Chex cereal, stirring to coat.
- Combine the powdered sugar with the chocolate coated Chex mix, ensuring that the mixture is well coated.
- Add candies, sprinkles and edible eyeballs to your desired ratio.
- Gently combine.
- Store in an air tight container until you are ready to serve, up to one week.
While we chose edible candy eyeballs, white chocolate Kit Kats, Halloween sprinkles and a new mint Hershey’s candy for our version, you could certainly substitute your own Halloween candy finds for any one of our ingredients. Keep your eyes peeled for fun, new candy creations to add to your Halloween muddy buddy base, enabling you to create your own special holiday recipe.
For more Halloween party supplies, spooky recipes, tutorials and ideas, be sure to browse our holiday archives.