For summertime sips, I love sparkling, citrus inspired cocktails. Whether poolside, or as an accompaniment to dinner served al fresco, it’s the perfect refreshment. Inspired by this fresh floral table runner, we created a not only visually stunning, but delicious sparkling pomegranate caipirinha featuring Chandelier® Italian Sparkling Wine. Recreate this festive summertime sparkling cocktail with our simple recipe below.
Sparkling Pomegranate Caipirinha
· ½ lime, cut into wedges
· ½ oz pomegranate juice
· 10 fresh pomegranate seeds
· 1 tsp superfine sugar
· 2oz Cachaca
· 3oz Chandelier® Italian Sparkling Wine
1. In the bottom of a glass, muddle the pomegranate seeds and superfine sugar, gently breaking open some of the pomegranate seeds.
2. Add the lime wedges to the base of the glass, and gently muddle to release the juices
3. Add the pomegranate juice and Cachacha to the glass; then fill it 2/3 full with ice cubes. Gently stir, or pour into a shaker and shake until chilled. Pour the mixture back into your double ‘ole fashioned glass if you used a shaker to mix.
4. Add Chandelier® Italian Sparkling Wine to the pomegranate juice mixture.
5. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh pomegranate seeds.
6. Serve immediately.
Chandelier Italian Sparkling Wine’s light and crispy notes pair well with the acidity found in fresh pomegranates. This sparkling cocktail will make the ultimate statement at your summer fete, brightening the occasion with its touch of sparkle.
We found so much inspiration in this delicious cocktail, that we designed an entire tablescape to complement it. A fresh table runner was created by layering eucalyptus branches, fresh berry branches, pink peonies and pink spider mums. A few pomegranate halves, displaying those gorgeous seeds, were sprinkled along the fresh table runner’s edge for visual cohesion.
And for that special touch to the dining table, we added whole pomegranates with vinyl name cards, as a unique and unexpected placecard for guests as they were seated for dinner. Table décor inspiration can be found virtually anywhere, and this vibrant sparkling pomegranate caipirinha was ours!
Head to your local grocery for a bottle of Chandelier® Italian Sparkling Wine and kick off your summer festivities with this vibrant pomegranate sparkling cocktail recipe.