This post is sponsored by Vanilla Gift Cards. All Ideas and opinions are my own. #vanillagiftwinnerwonderland
Let’s be honest; who doesn’t love receiving gift cards during the holiday season!!? My own kids love receiving gift cards in any denomination, so they can choose what they want from the toy aisles at our nearest retailer. And, gift cards are the most requested item from our classroom teachers. SO, gift cards are most definitely on my shopping list for this holiday season. To jazz up the presentation of this popular holiday gift item, we have put together 5 unique ways to wrap gift cards and are sharing them below. Make someone’s holiday season a merrier with the gift of cash, and these fun ways to embellish their presentation.
1. DIY Mason Jar Snow Globe Gift Card Holder
Who had a snow globe as a child?? Me. These DIY snow globes take mere minutes and sure are a fun way to give a gift card.
- Mason Jars
- Gift Card Envelopes
- Package of Faux Snow
- Miniatures (i.e. bristle trees, reindeer, sleds, packages)
- Using a hot glue gun, adhere bristle trees or other miniature items to the mason jar’s lid.
- Add your gift card either directly into the mason jar, or within a holiday envelope.
- Holding the mason jar upright, add a pinch or two of faux snow.
2. Gift Card Packaging for the Coffee Lover
For the coffee lover in your life, fill a clear cellophane bag with whole roasted coffee beans, add your gift card in the center, then tie the bag with your favorite bow. Grab your favorite coffee mug, or create one using vinyl, and add you have the perfect gift for the coffee lover.
3. Eraser Stamped Gift Bag
This gift card wrapping idea is one of my favorites, as you can likely put it together with items you already have in your home. I typically keep a small stash of gift bags, boxes and bows in a closet for last minute gifts, so this DIY was perfect for me.
- Kraft Gift Boxes or Small Kraft Bags
- Pencil with an Eraser
- White Stamp Ink
- Holiday Ribbon or Bows
- Using the eraser from a standard #2 pencil, create a random dot pattern on your kraft box or bag using the white stamp pad.
- Add your favorite holiday ribbon or bow, tissue paper, and your gift card.
4. DIY Paper Ornament Gift Card Holder
For an affordable way to wrap gift cards, create these DIY paper ornaments.
- Card Stock in a Variety of Colors (i.e. red, green, white)
- 3″ Circle Craft Punch
- 3″ Scalloped Craft Punch
- Craft Glue
- Using your 3″ craft punch, cut out circles for the base of your ornament in your desired color.
- Using your scalloped craft punch, cut out slightly larger circles using white card stock.
- Using scissors or a paper cutter, trim some of the solid colored circles in half as they will serve as your gift card holder.
- Add solid colored 3″ circles to the scalloped pieces using craft glue.
- Add your trimmed pieces of solid card stock to the front of the ornament, overlapping circles at the base. Once the glue has set, you can add your gift card into the ‘envelope’ piece created with this simple DIY.
- To finish the gift card holder, add your choice of ribbon at the top of the DIY paper ornament using craft glue or hot glue.
5. Embellished Gift Box
One of my favorite DIYs to wrap holiday gift cards are these DIY kraft boxes! Scroll to grab the how-to.
- Kraft Gift Boxes (i.e. jewelry box sizes)
- Baker’s Twine (red and white shown)
- Embellishments (i.e. bristle trees for the vintage truck design or mini pom poms in a variety of colors to decorate a Christmas tree stamp)
- Stamps (or alternatively, you could cut and use black matte vinyl)
- Using a black ink pad, stamp your desired image onto the front of a kraft colored gift box.
- Add your gift card into the box
- Add embellishments. For our Christmas tree design, we added a simple ‘star’ using hot glue and a yellow mini pom pom. And, for our vintage truck design, we added a bristle tree to the top of the box when turned sideways, then wrapped it using red and white bakers twine.
We hope our 5 unique ways to wrap holiday gift cards inspired you to embellish your gift giving this holiday season! Head to your nearest CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid or H-E-B to purchase Vanilla Gift Cards. For more holiday gift ideas, be sure to browse our blog archives.